hating the language barrier!!!

Ciaoooo!

I have been here for a week and a couple days, and I'm loving every second of it! But as great as it is it is still very hard to communicate. No doubt about the fact I have learned a lot in the past week, I definitely know so much more than I did in the beginning. regardless I still hate not being able to understand conversations, I only get whats being said if its said super slow and often repeated. at least I understand a little more. I start lessons tomorrow. But I've realized to learn a language you have to let go everything you've learned so far about sentence structor...seriously english and italian sentence structor is so different!! So I have to pretty much forget english, because if I think in terms of how we talk and try to translate in my head it just complicates things, it does not directly translate. I'm like a baby learning how to talk all over again. seriously. hahha, when I was in the US and heard a different language I would look to see who was talking because it was different. But now if I hear english, its different and startling.  I've gotten used to hearing italian all the time and just not understanding. No one speaks english except the english teachers. But I try really hard to not check out on the conversation, because there is no way I'll learn that way. Therefor my concentration is turned on literally all day...and it gets sooo exhausting. Seriously I didn't realize how tiring that could be. But it is rewarding, I learn so much every day! I can not express enough how much I love it here, today my friends showed me around Rovigo and I'm in love with this city. The people, food, the street, everything. I never want to leave!! My computer is going to die so I have to go, I will write more soon:) Ciao!!


Comments

Popular Posts